BIG IDEA CANVAS
NISI PUBLISHING, LLC
3315 Mayflower Avenue, Suite 1
Lehi, Utah 84043
July 15, 2016 at 11:59PM US EDT
Peru Big Idea Challenge - Win $2,500
The Peru Big Idea Challenge provides a unique opportunity for innovators to submit big ideas, receive constructive feedback, and collect great prizes.
To participate in the Challenge, simply complete and submit your Big Idea Canvas. Your submission will then be judged by Paul Ahlstrom, Brian Cummings, and a group of highly experienced entrepreneurs and investors. Any entrepreneur residing in the country of Peru is eligible to participate. However, only ideas that are not already existing business entities will be considered for the Challenge.
The winner will be announced on July 25, 2016 by Paul Ahlstrom.
Mentoring: The top three winners will receive a one-hour consulting session with Paul Ahlstrom, VC and Author of Nail It Then Scale It. (After the mentoring session, interested winners will also be given personal introductions to participate in top international startup accelerators.)
IP Research: The top three winners will receive free IP patentability analysis and an IP relevance ranking of their idea by world-expert, Brian Cummings.
Patent Assistance: The top winner will receive free assistance in filing a provisional patent on their idea from a top national law firm.
Cash: The top winner will receive $2,500 in cash.
Investment: The top winner will be eligible to receive an optional investment of $5,000 from Kickstart Peru.
Canvas submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
1. A clear understanding of the context, frequency, and level of problem a customer is experiencing
2. The size and dynamics of the targeted market
3. A reasonably and succinctly articulated solution to the problem that is compelling and innovative
4. Team domain expertise to execute the solution
5. A well-reasoned, feasible market-entry strategy
1. Complete the Digital Interactive Version of the Big Idea Canvas and receive your initial score.
2. Click on "Interact and Share Your Big Idea Canvas." This will integrate your canvas with Mural, an online collaboration platform.
3. From Mural, you can add notes or share your canvas with your team members or advisors.
4. When you're ready to submit your canvas to the Challenge from Mural, click on the "Share" button, create a unique link for your canvas, and email the link to email@example.com.
5. You will receive a confirmation email for your successful submission.
The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2016 at 11:59PM US Eastern Daylight Time.
Paul Ahlstrom is the author of Nail It Then Scale It, creator of the Big Idea Canvas, and Managing Director and co-founder of Alta Ventures. Through Alta Ventures and prior funds, Paul has invested in Jott, VidAngel, Ancestry.com, Altiris, Converus, LanDesk, Rhomobile, SpaceMonkey, and over 125 startups throughout the US and LATAM. Through Alta Ventures and the Alta Innovation Institute, Paul is focused on accelerating positive venture outcome for entrepreneurs in the Americas.
Brian Cummings is a General Partner in Alta Venutes and oversees the Alta Innovation Institute, a think tank for unique entrepreneurial programs and big ideas. Brian has founded or helped start hundreds of technology-based companies, and is changing the way research and patents are translated into products through a new venture called Technium.
Jonathan Van is a serial entrepreneur and COO of Technium, a startup committed to transforming the way research and patents are translated to products. Jonathan has led several pre-seed and seed invest-ments and consulted with many investors and founders to formulate venture-backed businesses. Previously, he has done tours of duty operating unique entrepreneurial programs at Alta Ventures, General Assembly NYC, Lean Startup Machine, and the University of Texas at Austin.
Steve Grizzell is a 25-year veteran in innovation, finance, entrepreneurship, and economic develop-ment. He is currently Managing Director of InnoVentures Capital Management, wich manages a Small Business Investment Company and a non-bank lender that provides venture debt to early-stage companies. To date, Steve has been directly responsible for investment in more than 150 companies, the majority involving early-stage technology-based companies.